Breaking News

David Beckham handed six-month driving ban for using phone


LONDON: Former England footballer David Beckham was once on Thursday disqualified from driving for six months after the usage of his phone whilst in the back of the wheel.

The 44-year-old had in the past admitted the offence after being noticed through a member of the general public as he drove his Bentley in London on November 21.


At Bromley Magistrates Court, south of London, Beckham was once given six penalty issues on his licence, fined £750 (868 euros, $975), and ordered to pay £100 to prosecution prices and a £75 surcharge fee.

District Judge Catherine Moore said he already had six issues on his licence for earlier rushing matters, which means he reached the 12-point limit which triggers a disqualification.

The ex-Manchester United and Real Madrid player was once present in court docket. Wearing a dismal grey suit and tie, he spoke to give his full name, date of birth and cope with.

Prosecuting lawyer Matthew Spratt said he were photographed through a member of the general public as he held his phone whilst driving in "slowly moving traffic".

Defence lawyer Gerrard Tyrrell said Beckham was once travelling slowly and has "no recollection of the day in question or this particular incident".


He added: "There is no excuse for what took place but his view is as he cannot remember... he's going to plead guilty and that's what he's done."


Last year, Beckham drew grievance after avoiding a fee of rushing because of a technicality.


He authorised he drove at 59 miles (95 kilometres) according to hour in a 40 mph zone in London in January 2018.


But the attention of his prosecution was once now not won till sooner or later after the statutory 14-day cut-off date.


No comments