Breaking News

Delhi: Blaze guts wedding venue, none hurt


NEW DELHI: A wedding birthday party may have taken a tragic activate Tuesday when two tents erected at a DDA park in north-west Delhi’s Pitampura went up in flames. The tented venue now not best did not have fire clearance, however there were no escape routes for the visitors both. Fortunately, the fire started soon after the bride and groom left the place, whilst the hundred visitors or so having dinner have been herded to safety ahead of the flaming tents came crashing down.



Around 25 visitors who have been trapped have been speedily rescued through police officers, helped through some native citizens. Before firemen arrived on the incident website online near the Pitampura TV tower, on the other hand, the fire had unfold to the adjoining marriage ceremony space the place it set aflame a Volkswagen and Hyundai i10 vehicles belonging to the tent house staff.

The fire started round 12.20am when round 100 visitors have been having dinner. The venue proprietor, Pawan Seth, claimed that the blaze was prompted through a spark within the generator and had unfold hastily because of the strong wind blowing on the time.

Head constable Ravinder Kumar was one of the first responders to achieve the inferno website online. “I managed to clear some way out of the tents and helped 20-25 visitors out,” he narrated. “Soon, my colleagues joined me and carried some of the visitors to the road outside. If it wasn’t for this quick action, there may have been some fatalities.”

Kumar himself fell subconscious after breathing in the fumes and was admitted to a sanatorium. After a night’s leisure, he reported for accountability on Tuesday morning.

Chief fire officer Atul Garg said that 25 fire tenders had finally introduced the blaze underneath keep watch over. “The two tents have been erected on a inexperienced expanse, however had thermocol and plastic items in lots, helping the fire to unfold around the venue. It took us nearly five hours to douse the flames,” said Garg.


Fire officers added that several cylinders of cooking gasoline had exploded, delaying operations. They also reported that the tent house had over 100 staff on the venue, none of whom was educated to deal with a fire situation.


A case of inflicting injury because of fire has been registered on the native police station and an inquiry initiated. There was added controversy when Nitin Gulati, proprietor of the adjoining tent house that was gutted, claimed sabotage. “This is the second time that such an incident has taken position, and we've got registered a police grievance,” he said.


The venue was booked for occasions through the DDA site. Police said that the tents have been semi-permanent in nature, and the homeowners can be puzzled as a result of this is against the norms laid out in DDA.




No comments