Breaking News

Two siblings die, five family members critical after food poisoning in Gumla


GUMLA: Two siblings, together with a 12-year-old lady, died whilst five in their members of the family fell seriously sick early on Sunday morning after eating toxic food at Shivsoreng village underneath Ghaghra police station of the district . A medical crew is tenting at the village as a safety measure and glance out for any outbreak of food poisoning in the house.

The deceased have been known as Neha Tigga (12) and her brother Subodh Tigga (23). Those who landed in the sanatorium are Shalini Tigga (45), Pyari Tigga (18), Lalita Tigga (60), Prakash Tigga (28) and Parsati Nayak (21). While Neha died throughout remedy at sadar sanatorium in Gumla, Subodh died at Rims in Ranchi, officials stated.

According to the officials, the circle of relatives had cooked and eaten meat on Saturday night and all began falling sick at nighttime. After their neighbours got here to know in regards to the incident, they took them to the Sadar sanatorium after which, Subodh and certainly one of his members of the family have been referred to Rims.


Ghaghra police station officer in-charge Upendra Mahto stated termite power was discovered from house of the circle of relatives, however stated they're looking ahead to the post-mortem file.


Deputy superintendent of sadar sanatorium, Dr R N Yadav, stated, “The members of the family fell sick after eating toxic food. Only after an post-mortem, the true purpose can be ascertained.”


In any other food poisoning case, round 35 people fell sick after eating 'prasad' throughout Saraswati Puja at a private school in Sadar police station house of Lohardaga district on Sunday. All of them have been admitted to the district sanatorium and are stated to be out of risk. Lohardaga deputy commissioner Akansha Ranjan stated the administration has taken samples of the eatables served in the school for checking out. She added that action would be initiated in opposition to the school management if wanted. The officer, however, didn’t reveal the name of the school.




No comments