Breaking News

Student ends life, dad blames two FB friends

BENGALURU: A 19-year-old engineering pupil, who was active on social media, committed suicide hours after he received a new cell phone in exchange for his outdated device. He was discovered putting at his paying guest accommodation near Kadubeesanahalli, southeast Bengaluru, on Friday.

The youngster’s father alleged that harassment by two women buddies driven his son to take the extreme step.

Police mentioned Athish S Nayak, a resident of Sri Ram PG in Kariyammana Agrahara and from Kalaburagi, chatted with some women from the new phone and told them he was facing a serious problem and would inform them about it later.

The II-semester BE (civil) pupil of a Marathahalli college left behind a single-line suicide note, reading: “Please inform my folks.”

Marathahalli police registered a case of abetment to suicide towards the 2 women buddies he’d befriended on Facebook. Police mentioned they are seeking to hint the women, whose identities were withheld.

“We have registered a case in response to a criticism from his father Subash Nayak, head constable in Kalaburagi,” a police officer mentioned.

Subash told police he and his daughter visited Athish in Bengaluru two months ago when he complained to them about the harassment from his two Facebook girlfriends. Athish mentioned the women were not easy money from him.

Police mentioned Athish was staying in the PG with three classmates. He told his buddies on Friday morning that he would skip college as he was waiting to obtain the new mobile, which was to be delivered that day. He had positioned an order for the new device on-line and was to interchange his outdated one.“The incident came to mild when his buddies returned from college round 3pm and found him putting from the ceiling,” a police officer mentioned.

Preliminary investigation published that Athish, who was deficient in lecturers, had failed to transparent 5 topics in his I semester exam. His roommates told police they weren't aware of Athish’s issues but had spotted that he was repeatedly on social media, together with Facebook and WhatsApp.

“We are but to track his outdated phone, which was exchanged hours prior to his death. We can get extra details about his social media activities only if we get that device. We are analysing his mobile name main points to track those who were in constant touch with him,” a police officer mentioned.

No comments