Breaking News

Government-Gujjar talks fail; trains, recruitment exams cancelled


MAKSUDANPURA (SAWAI MADHOPUR): Rail visitors at the Delhi-Mumbai path persevered to be affected on the second one day of the Gujjar agitation for quota after the neighborhood persevered their 'dharna' on tracks at Maksudanpura and rejected state govt's proposal for talks.
The state govt's foiled attempt to get the agitators to the desk for talks ended in the cancellation of 12 trains and diversion of 22. The state govt was additionally compelled to delay the recruitment test for agriculture supervisors, which was scheduled to be hung on Sunday in Kota and Jaipur. The recruitment test for anganwadi supervisors, scheduled to be held in Ajmer on Sunday, was additionally postponed. The assessments have been to be held by way of the Rajasthan Staff Selection Board.

Chief minister Ashok Gehlot, who was in Delhi on Saturday, appealed to Gujjar neighborhood participants to vacate the tracks. "Their demands can only be met after amendments to the Constitution. So, they should submit a memo to the prime minister," he said whilst addressing the media there.

Col Kirori Singh Bainsla, who is heading the Gujjar Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti and the agitation, blamed the federal government. "The government should have given us long back what had been promised," he said.

State govt delicate towards five% quota for Gujjars: Singh


Maksudanpura (Sawai Madhopur): A delegation, comprising cupboard minister Vishvendra Singh and Neeraj Okay Pawan IAS, had met Bainsla and others on Saturday night time, urging them to hold talks at a close-by venue.


Singh tried to convince the agitators that the state govt was delicate about their demand for five in step with cent reservation below the Most Backward Classes (MBCs).


“I've related to your entire agitations and I've a family relation with you all. We are very delicate towards offering you the required 5 in step with cent reservation and are prepared that this time it may not get caught in some prison internet,” he said, addressing the neighborhood participants. He requested them to shape a delegation of 13 to 25 participants for talks.


However, his proposal for talks was rejected by way of Bainsla and the remainder, who demanded the federal government ship its representatives with legitimate documents approving the quota. Vijay Bainsla, son of Kirori Singh Bainsla, said, “It’s an eyewash. They came and brought nothing. Let’s see how issues unfold on Sunday.”




No comments