Breaking News

Congress roadshow grinds Lucknow to a halt

LUCKNOW: The Congress party's roadshow on Monday introduced the city to a grinding halt and compelled it to stay like that for hours.

Heavy visitors had descended at the stretch from Kanpur Road to Hazratganj crossing even ahead of the commencement of the roadshow. As the roadshow started, roads become overcrowded and snarls erupted at each and every crossing from where it handed.

Because of the cascading effect, even spaces no longer at the direction of the roadshow were affected. While there used to be a protracted jam from Transportnagar metro station to Hazratganj crossing, the alternative routes of Cantonment, Sadar, Lalbagh, Kaiserbagh, Naka, Gomtinagar, University Road, Niralanagar, Indiranagar and Aashiana were also hit.

The worst victims were passengers on approach to board trains or flights and schoolchildren returning home. Even those coming back from workplace in the night time were behind schedule as the gridlock remained from 1pm to 7pm.

Stuck at Awadh crossing for 40 minutes, Mohammed Imran mentioned, "It was the worst day of my life. Every passing second was giving me jitters." Imran used to be flustered as a result of he used to be sporting his injured uncle in an ambulance from Para to KGMU.

Saurabh Yadav, a class IX pupil of Bal Vidya Mandir at Charbagh, alleged that the police had no longer deployed team of workers intelligently. The complete of AP Sen Road used to be chock-a-block because of the pressure of visitors on Station Road.

In Cantonment, Binay Kapoor , who had long gone to pick out his son from Children's Academy round 1.30pm, were given stuck in a gridlock on Cantonment overbridge for 2 hours.

"The administration needs to come up with a proper plan to maintain traffic flow. Whenever a rally takes place, it becomes nightmare while commuting," he mentioned.

Shubham Das, who overlooked his educate for Howrah, mentioned, "I was coming from Badshahnagar crossing via Ashok Marg when on Hazratganj, I got stuck in a snarl and was told by a commuter to take the route of Cantonment via Mall Avenue flyover. But, that was also blocked," he added.

A an identical experience used to be shared by Anjali Sahu who just about overlooked her flight to Bhopal.

"There was complete chaos at Transportnagar Metro station. No cop was seen manning it. It took 45 minutes for me to reach the airport, barely 1km from there," she added.

In the night time, those coming back from workplace had a harrowing experience. Piyush Asthana mentioned, "It took me more than one hour to reach Hussainganj crossing from my workplace in Bapu Bhawan. The distance is barely a kilometre.

There were Lalbagh and Kaiserbagh which prolonged to residential colonies.

ASP (visitors) RS Nim mentioned, "We had deployed visitors police team of workers in addition to constables on all 37 crossings at the direction. "Overcrowding and influx of high number of vehicles led to blockages but those were regulated soon," he added.

No comments