Breaking News

2 sexually abuse juniors at govt home, booked


CHENNAI: Two 15-year-old boys at a government home near Chengalpet had been booked for sexually abusing two juniors, aged 10 and 15, said police who filed an FIR underneath the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (Pocso) Act, 2012.
The incident came to mild on Wednesday all through an inspection via a workforce of the State Legal Services Authority inspected the home, housing nine boys at a village near Chengalpet in Kancheepuram district, in response to a direction from the Madras high court. The suspects had been abusing the younger ones at the back of locked doorways for months and had threatened to thrash them if they informed others on the home, police said.

The sufferers were immediately shifted to another home, but it's not known if they were taken for clinical examination or if counselling was once equipped previous to the shifting.

Normally, children rescued from the streets or from beggary via the federal government’s childline committee or via volunteers of NGOs are accommodated in reception homes being shifted to child care centres run via the state social defence department. Since Kancheepuram doesn’t have an enduring care and coverage centre for boys, the sufferers were lodged within the facility near Chengalpet for an extended length.


The nearest care and coverage home is 90km away at Ranipet in Vellore district.


Zaheeruddin Mohamad, former Child Welfare Committee (CWC) member, said the incident wouldn’t have come to mild had the State Legal Services Authority workforce now not inspected where. He was once impleaded within the court case referring to the situation of children’s homes in Kancheepuram and different parts of the state.


Government assets said that police and CWC members, who accompanied the legal services and products authority workforce, faced backlash from team of workers of the home as children were narrating their woesl. This led to a commotion that was once later resolved.




No comments